Thursday, 10 May 2012

The land is OURS!

With the fences down on our release, we are now able to visit the land freely!

It's a beautiful view up there, hopefully we will be able to capture a peek at the views once we're built.

We've mapped out on our land where our house will sit, it's exciting to see what size yard we'll have.

So onto the exciting news, we now are the proud "owners" of our block of land.

Settlement was due on the 9th of May, of course nothing ever goes smoothly, our cheque was lost in the post on the way to the solicitor for settlement!
This meant that settlement was delayed until yesterday (10th) the cheque still hadn't shown up, so I madly dashed to the bank, waited an hour for the bank to do their thing to enable them to cancel the cheque, redeposit the cheque and rewrite the cheque!
With an hour and a half to spare, I sped down the M4 to Elizabeth Street in the city, as I travelled in I phoned the settlement agency's solicitor who was waiting on a street corner to collect the cheque from me.
I pulled up at a red traffic light in the CBD and I had a lady motion at me... something about a cheque.
I put the window down, she asked me for the cheque, I passed the envelope out of the window and off I went again.
There was a moment there where I wondered if I had given the cheque to the right person!

My conveyancer called about 45minutes later to confirm that settlement had taken place and the land is now "ours"... or the banks..

Our DA has been approved through council, our builder uses a private certifier to get our construction certificate, so that's underway at the moment.
We've got a few weeks until our build commences so in the mean time we've got paperwork to submit to prove ownership and finances, colours to confirm and then it's all systems go!!

Hopefully my next update will be a fence or a portaloo or something to symbolise that we're on our way!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great news!
    Our DA approval was only 10 working days through a private certifier. Looking forward to following your journey
    Dee

    ReplyDelete