So with the deadline to finish our house quickly approaching, my husband has taken some time off work to renovate the bathroom.
As I type, the bathroom should probably be called the toiletroom, as there is no bath or shower in there!
The walls have been gutted, the bath/shower has been removed and the slow process of putting it all back together has commenced... swear words included.
We have decided to keep the small brown mosaic floor tiles and try and tie in a feature tile on the wall to bring it all together. It was going to be an even bigger job to re-tile the floor.
We are going to keep the bath/shower, as it's a tiny room with no room to have them seperately.
I am looking forward to finally installing the vanity we purchased over 2 years ago, and I'm eager to see how the shower niche will look (a spur of the moment thought this morning)
We bought some feature tiles last night, $2 a packet, we saved a fortune... until today....
You're probably wondering why the title of this post is "The tale of two baths".... lets just say there are 2 baths sitting on our front lawn... one is the old one that was removed, and the other is the result of a dropped hammer and a sheepish phone call telling me that we needed to now buy another new bath, as it was chipped.
Short of laughing at his sheepishness, all that could be said was okay no worries...
My husband is a carpenter by trade, lets just say he's definitely not a plumber...bless him.
Will post some before and after photos of the bathroom once it is completed, lets just say I won't miss the kermit the frog green basin or the green paint that pokes through our rough paint job that was quickly splashed on to save our eyes!
Off to pack my toiletries into my gym bag, I dare say I'll be showering at the gym in the morning...
No comments:
Post a Comment